Monday, April 2, 2012

That's Not Me Chapter One

I step into a glob of yellowish slime, my face scrunches up. I walk out of the room on my heels so it doesn't spread to the other carpets, not like it'd matter anyway. I knock on the bathroom door and by some miracle nobody is inside. I wash my foot off with the cleanest rag I can find then go back to our room to scrub the mess off the floor. I walked downstairs to where everybody was eating whatever remained in that box of cereal. I grabbed the boox and looked inside, there was just enough for one bowl. (A/N: Sorry all the sentences are starting with I ha ! ) I set the box down and looked at Nick "You Alright?" he nodded and looked away, his face paler than usual. I pushed the box over to Nick and he looked at me for a second, making sure I was ok with him taking my portion of cereal, I nodded and slowly walked upstairs. I fell asleep on my toddler-sized bed, my feet hanging of the edge, hitting the sides of Frankie's crib. I must have slept the whole day away because when I woke up it was pitch black. Nick was hunched over, vomiting into the bucket by his bed. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and filled a glass with ice water, got a cool rag and walked back upstairs. I sat down on the edge of Nick's bed and waited until he was finished, then handed him the glass of water, he took a sip and layed back down. I layed the cloth across his head, took the bucket and walked across the hall, dumping the bucket into the toilet. I set the bucket down by his bed as I climbed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment